All proceeds from this auction go to support Indonesian Parrot Project.
About the comforter
This comforter is very rare, beautiful, and has an important history. It is a treasure for anyone who is a cockatoo lover, conservationist, or both. It was designed and created by batik artist Joan Tilke. The pattern on the comforter is titled, “Moluccan Mandala.” Only five comforters with like this were created. This one is even more special because it had belonged to Stewart Metz, former Executive Director and founder of Indonesia Parrot Project.
The comforter is even more exquisite in person. It would fit a Queen or Full size bed, and has recently been lovingly dry cleaned.
Comforter only. Bed, mattress, etc. not included.
This pattern on this comforter depicts the spirit of the Seram (Moluccan) cockatoo, surrounded by frangipani blossoms, and hovering between Earth and the Heavens. A “mandala” is defined as “a sacred circle having mystical significance. It represents the universe, and acts as a collection point for universal forces. By mentally “entering” the mandala and moving toward its centre, one is guided through the cosmic processes of disintegration and reintegration.”
- When are bids accepted? Bidding is from Wednesday, August 28 through 11:00a.m. ET on September 7th. Bids will be placed online from anywhere. Local bidders are invited to attend the Springfield event benefitting Indonesia Parrot Project.
- How do I bid? Minimum bid, $500. Bids may be increased in increments of $10. To bid, leave your name, email address, and bid amount in the “Leave a reply” section at the bottom of this page. Your email address will NOT be posted publicly but is necessary to alert you to a winning bid. If you are the winning bid, you will receive an email alerting you to it from firstname.lastname@example.org. Winner will also be announced at the Springfield event on September 7th.
- Who can bid? Anyone in the continental United States may bid. However, if shipping is necessary, additional shipping costs apply.
- Pick-up/Shipping: Winner may pick up the comforter at the end of the September 7th event in Springfield, VA or pay an additional cost to have the comforter shipped to them at shipping cost to their location in the continental United States (estimated between $25 – $30.)
- Payment: Cash, check, credit cards (through PayPal or Square), and PayPal is accepted.
- When is payment due? If you win the item and pick it up at the September 7th Springfield event, payment is due upon receipt. If having the item shipped to you, payment + shipping cost will be due upon receipt of invoice. Invoice will be sent to the email address you provided when placing the bid. If not received within 48 hours, the comforter will be offered to the next highest bidder.
- Return to main page for Auction to Support Indonesian Parrot Project.
- Auction item: “Sweet Rosie” original painting by Deb Knowlson. Learn more about this item or bid on this item.
- Related event: Springfield, VA, Bonnie Zimmermann of Indonesian Parrot Project.
- Visit the homepage for Indonesian Parrot Project or Phoenix Landing Foundation.
Minimum bid: $500. Bidding increments of $10.
Place your bid by clicking in the box below “Leave a Reply” and either signing in or entering your name (first and last), email address, and bid amount. Your email address will not be posted publicly.
Need technical assistance to place a bid? Email email@example.com with detailed information about the issue you are experiencing, and item on which you are bidding.