Indonesia’s parrots are endangered. Phoenix Landing welcomes Bonnie Zimmermann of Indonesian Parrot Project for a special event on Saturday, September 7, from 10a.m. – 12p.m. at Grace Presbyterian Church in Springfield, VA. Join us, and bring a friend! Details at https://www.phoenixlanding.org/zimmermann-special-event.html.
As part of this event, Phoenix Landing is hosting a special auction that includes two very special items of great importance to both organizations, Phoenix Landing and Indonesian Parrot Project. All proceeds from the auction go to Indonesian Parrot Project, to support conservation and the critically endangered parrots.
Auction Item Pages:
- Auction item 1: “Moluccan Mandala” comforter, designed and created by batik artist Joan Tilke. Previously owned by Stewart Metz, Founder of Indonesian Parrot Project. Minimum bid = $500. Learn more about this item and/or bid on this item.
- Auction item 2: “Sweet Rosie,” original painting by artist Deb Knowlson. Minimum bid = $60. Learn more about this item and/or bid on this item.
- When are bids accepted? Bidding is from Wednesday, August 28 through 11:00a.m. on September 7th. Bids will be placed online from anywhere, including onsite at the event in Springfield on September 7. Local bidders are invited to attend the Springfield event about conservation and Indonesia’s parrots.
- How do I bid? To bid, enter your name, email address, and bid amount in the “Leave a reply” section at the bottom of the page for the individual auction item on which you are bidding. Your email address will NOT be posted publicly but is necessary to alert you to a winning bid. If you are the winning bid, you will receive an email alerting you to it from firstname.lastname@example.org. Winner will also be announced at the Springfield event on September 7th.
- Who can bid? Anyone in the continental United States may bid. However, if shipping is necessary, additional shipping costs apply.
- Pick-up/Shipping: Winner may pick up the painting at the end of the September 7th event in Springfield, VA or pay an additional cost to have the item shipped to them at shipping cost to their location in the continental United States (estimated between $25 – $30.)
- Payment: Cash, check, credit cards (through PayPal or Square), and PayPal is accepted.
- When is payment due? If you win the item and pick it up at the September 7th Springfield event, payment is due upon receipt. If having the item shipped to you, payment + shipping cost will be due upon receipt of invoice. Invoice will be sent to the email address you provided when placing the bid. If payment is not received within 48 hours of receiving the invoice, the item will be offered to the next highest bidder.
- Learn more information about the event on September 7th in Springfield, VA, with Bonnie Zimmermann of Indonesian Parrot Project.
- Learn more about Indonesian Parrot Project.
- Return to Phoenix Landing Foundation.