In honor of National Volunteer Week, we are continuing our celebration of the numerous volunteers who make what Phoenix Landing does, possible! Today we are highlighting our Wilmington, NC area adoption coordinator, Nina!
1. For what area are you the adoption coordinator for Phoenix Landing?Wilmington, NC.
2. How long have you served in this volunteer role?
Almost 7 years.
3. How did you first learn about or get involved with Phoenix Landing?Recommendations of other parrot lovers when I was in Asheville for a veterinary conference.
4. There are many causes and non-profits out there to get involved with, why did you choose this one?
Outstanding reputation, philosophy, and focus on education.
5. What do you like most about volunteering with Phoenix Landing?
Teaching others about parrot behavior, nutrition, health, and care.
6. What else would you like to share about yourself, about volunteering, or about Phoenix Landing?
I highly recommend the “Step up” classes and the Parrot Wellness Retreat for anyone who loves parrots and wishes to expand their knowledge.
Information about the “Step Up” classes is available at http://www.phoenixlanding.org/events.html. The next Phoenix Landing Wellness Retreat will take place in 2018. Stay tuned for details!